Saturday, November 5, 2011

B's First Halloween!!!

This Halloween was so much fun and I cannot even begin to explain how excited I was to dress B up and take him around to see all of the other kid's costumes. Because I had been looking forward to this for soooo long I actually ended up buying Beckahm's Halloween costume way back in July! I had bought a one-size fits all Pea-Pod costume that I thought was the cutest thing EVER! Because it was so far from Halloween I brought the costume home, hung it up in the closet and didn't really think about it again until Friday, Oct. 28th--the day of our first Trunk or Treat. And being the overly excited mother I was, I decided to put the costume on Beckahm to "test" it out and make sure he would be okay with the top of it on his head and what not. As soon as I pulled the Pea-Pod out of the closet I just knew we were going to have a BIG problem. Note to self: NEVER buy a costume as a first timer, and assume that it's going to fit a growing baby 4 months down the road haha.. I put it on anyways to at least take some pictures of this nonsense. This was definitely a one size fits all..for a NEWBORN BABY haha. But it made for a good laugh. Luckily I still had a couple of hours before the Trunk or Treat and I refused to let Beckahm go costume-less on his FIRST Halloween...so after checking all of the stores in St. George and only finding the common costumes I decided to go to the Boutique. I have this thing about being a little outside of the norm, with everything, always. Maybe not always such a great thing, but what do ya do. This boutique had just what I needed. A costume, that was out of the norm, that would not be on every other child walking around the neighborhood. I found a winner. The cutest little turtle costume ever! Not to mention Beckahm was the life of the party in the store since I wasn't about ready to buy that costume and leave without knowing it would fit him for sure! So we grabbed a worker to help us out and threw the costume on. All the mom's around me kept saying, "There's no way he's gonna let you put the top of that costume on his head.." Well we proved them wrong, Beckahm ABSOLUTELY loved it, and all of the attention of course! The costume fit like a glove and was totally legit. Not even being biased right now, I had the studliest little boy in town! So we went home and grabbed the daddy-o and went to the Trunk or Treat that David's work had for all of their employees families. It was a good time and I loved watching how entertained and curious B was about all of the kids and their crazy costumes. On Monday (Halloween) we all got dressed up-David a Mafia Man (seriously looked the part, as in, if I didn't know him and he was coming my way I'd probably cross to the other side of the street haha) Me a Football Player (because I had to work that night so I needed a pretty versatile costume) and of course Beckahm the Turtle. After we were all ready to go we headed over to our church for the Chili Cook Off and Halloween Carnival. We had so much fun playing all of the games and getting balloon animals. The only part of the day that was disappointing was when I had to leave and go to work...boo! But it was such a fun Halloween and I definitely chalk it up as a success! Beckahm was such a happy boy all day long and such a trooper to let us dress him up for so many days in a row. I love our sweet little boy. I love my husband that can pull off looking like a bad A so well. I love how much fun we have with our little family and cannot wait to experience more firsts with little B. Happy Halloweenie!
Before dressing up..he has no idea what he's in for...


FAIL

Cutest turtle ever


I'm such a sucker for that face!

Practicing the turtle crawl..

Hanging out at the "cool" trunk


We couldn't get him to look at the camera with all of the costume distractions!

Yeah...not scared of the boogie man lol


Seriously? Cutest face ever

Had to get a back shot of this costume -love it


At the Halloween Carnival

Beckahm with his Bad A Mafia Dad

Halloween 2011

Family Pic

Loved this idea

WTH Mom?

Beckahm..not so much...


Cutest punkin baby

It was a little bit big, but we improvised

Favorite picture of the year!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! He IS the cutest turtle I've ever seen! I love it! And that's awesome that he did too! Looked like a successful first Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! What a cutie!! I cannot believe how big he's gotten even in a month! Can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! Lovin' the "Pea Pod" part where he didn't fit and you took a pic of it! That is so cute! But the turtle.... A-FREAKIN-DORABLE! I love that costume! He was definitely the cutest/smiley-est/happiest turtle I have ever seen! Love it! And you look GREAT Shan! Such a pretty Mamma!

    ReplyDelete