Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Vacay before there are 4!

This past weekend I decided to plan a little getaway for David, Beckahm and I to just go and play and have some time together with each other, all three of us together at the same time, because unfortunately for now, that rarely happens. David and I are both working full time right now, but have arranged our time schedules so that no matter what one of us is at home with Beckahm so he isn't constantly in daycare. As hard as it is sometimes to meet each other at the door to say hi and bye with a list of what needs to be done for Beckahm, and off to work we go, it's what puts both of our minds at ease right now. So this little vacation was much needed for all three of us I think :). I'm still a stressed out nut case when it comes to thinking about how Beckahm is going to react to a new baby joining our family, so in a way, it was something I wanted to be able to do with just him and have it be all about him. The whole weekend was and turned out to be a complete success! And of course on the plus side for B, we got to stay with his Auntie all weekend too which made it even better! On Saturday, Sept. 15th we got to play at Hogle Zoo all day which was the funnest thing ever. It was Beckahm's first time seeing most of these animals in real life and he could not get enough of it! I loved watching him point to all of the animals and make all of the animal noises. He could've stayed there all day if I would've let him. I think his favorites were a toss up between the monkeys and the giraffes. The next day we went to the Living Planet Aquarium and got to see all sorts of snakes, fish, penguins and sharks-- he definitely liked this part too, but not near as much as the zoo. Later on we got all of the family together and had some family pictures taken (this is a first for us haha) Then we met up at Buffalo Wild Wings had some dinner and headed back to Aunt Kristen's house. The next day we lounged around, watched lots of cartoons and even got a little shopping in too before we had to head back home. It was such a fun weekend and so great to be able to get together with all of the family--it most definitely does not happen enough!
He was obsessed with his Auntie's glasses...

Ready for a day at the zoo!

Meeting the fire fighter dog

Just watching the chickens peck around

Monkeys!!!



He was so intrigued by this huge gorilla!

Lovin it!

He's a juvenile gorilla haha

Not sure what to think about the nest


Taking advantage of the free grilled cheeses, his fav!



Making sure his auntie can see the polar bear





Just playin a little jungle music


Everyone at the zoo

He was loving all of this attention I can promise you that :)


The boys at the zoo


At the penguin exhibit in the Aquarium

Canoe anyone?

He was so loving this day and I was eating it all up!


He had a pretty good hold of my hair at this point and was attacking my face lol


Love my boys xoxo




Making sure his auntie got plenty of love too :)


Loving the giraffes!
Me and my beautiful sissy pants


No comments:

Post a Comment