On another note, this naming process, although I thought it would be easier this time around, is just as much if not more difficult than it was with Beckahm. Sometimes I wonder if my husband will ever accept the fact that I'll probably never want to choose a completely common name for our kids...it's just not in me haha. One thing that was different when choosing a girl name was the fact that I had an entire list (literally of like 30 names) that I liked, whereas with boy names it was maybe 5 that I kinda liked. So this time around I thought it would be easy to just write the list down for both of us and we could look at it separately and number our favorites...This could've worked out if we had even the slightest same taste in names...A literal example of this...my #1 name was David's #25.....that DIFFERENT! Believe it or not though, this naming extravaganza has been narrowed down to 3 very different names...1 of which David is actually kind of fond of which helps, but it's still not my #1. Part of me wants to just say the names were thinking of, but then I might feel obligated to stick with them and since this decision changes on a daily basis I don't think I'll say anything for now. Soooo who knows...there may be a Top 3 Names post in the future...Or even better maybe just a top name that actually gets chosen before baby girl even gets here...but highly unlikely ;). I cannot even begin to describe how excited we all are to meet this new baby and see all of her different unique features that she'll get from each of us. We always joke with each other that she's going to look like a little mini David since Beckahm has turned out to be a total mini me. It's always so exciting to me to see new babies and try to decide which trait came from where. I am always getting questions from random people asking where Beckahm got this or that...mostly his reddish blonde hair since I have mine dyed dark and his dad is clearly all dark so because it has gotten a little old I decided to take some comparison pictures and I can just show these crazies when they ask haha. I'm so glad I did it though it's always fun looking at old pictures and seeing what traits our little boy has of us. Babies. babies. babies..it's all that's on my mind lately!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
It was the tiniest thing I ever decided to put my whole life into. -Terri Guillemets
On July 18th, 2012, David, Beckahm and I all got the chance to meet little girl for the first time on the big screen! Beckahm sat up on the table with me and stared at the screen in either astonishment or confusion as we watched this little baby move around in my tummy :). Even if he had no idea what was really going on, I'm still so happy he got to experience this rush of excitement with us! When I was watching the screen it brought back so many wonderful memories that I had of B when he was still growing in my belly...It's just one of those feelings you can't ever justify putting into words because it's never enough. If I could choose to watch my babies on the big screen each and every day I would! She was so different than Beckahm was during the ultra sound. Beckahm kept facing the light and was moving all over the place, arms and legs constantly moving around, while baby girl kept her hands really close to her face (if not sucking her thumb at the time) and stayed curled up for the most part trying to hide her face from the camera lol. She seems a lot more calm than B that's for sure..but guess we'll really find out here in a couple of months if that assumption will be right! Once we got the print out of the Ultra Sound pictures Beckahm wouldn't let them go and ran around with them everywhere just stopping every now and then to take a look. I have the best feeling about him being a big brother and my worries subside a little more each time I see him around a baby or even when he's reading his books about babies or sees them on tv. He constantly has to point out the babies to mama everywhere we go..along with him scoping out where the babies are, he also has to yell baby, baby so he knows I can see them too, then continues on to say waaa waaa...because that's what the baby says duh :). Whenever we pick him up from the gym daycare and there were babies there the ladies always let us know how Beckahm stayed right by them the whole time and couldn't stop hugging and kissing on them. He's quite the little lover boy when it comes to anything baby--good sign for a nervous mama!
On another note, this naming process, although I thought it would be easier this time around, is just as much if not more difficult than it was with Beckahm. Sometimes I wonder if my husband will ever accept the fact that I'll probably never want to choose a completely common name for our kids...it's just not in me haha. One thing that was different when choosing a girl name was the fact that I had an entire list (literally of like 30 names) that I liked, whereas with boy names it was maybe 5 that I kinda liked. So this time around I thought it would be easy to just write the list down for both of us and we could look at it separately and number our favorites...This could've worked out if we had even the slightest same taste in names...A literal example of this...my #1 name was David's #25.....that DIFFERENT! Believe it or not though, this naming extravaganza has been narrowed down to 3 very different names...1 of which David is actually kind of fond of which helps, but it's still not my #1. Part of me wants to just say the names were thinking of, but then I might feel obligated to stick with them and since this decision changes on a daily basis I don't think I'll say anything for now. Soooo who knows...there may be a Top 3 Names post in the future...Or even better maybe just a top name that actually gets chosen before baby girl even gets here...but highly unlikely ;). I cannot even begin to describe how excited we all are to meet this new baby and see all of her different unique features that she'll get from each of us. We always joke with each other that she's going to look like a little mini David since Beckahm has turned out to be a total mini me. It's always so exciting to me to see new babies and try to decide which trait came from where. I am always getting questions from random people asking where Beckahm got this or that...mostly his reddish blonde hair since I have mine dyed dark and his dad is clearly all dark so because it has gotten a little old I decided to take some comparison pictures and I can just show these crazies when they ask haha. I'm so glad I did it though it's always fun looking at old pictures and seeing what traits our little boy has of us. Babies. babies. babies..it's all that's on my mind lately!
On another note, this naming process, although I thought it would be easier this time around, is just as much if not more difficult than it was with Beckahm. Sometimes I wonder if my husband will ever accept the fact that I'll probably never want to choose a completely common name for our kids...it's just not in me haha. One thing that was different when choosing a girl name was the fact that I had an entire list (literally of like 30 names) that I liked, whereas with boy names it was maybe 5 that I kinda liked. So this time around I thought it would be easy to just write the list down for both of us and we could look at it separately and number our favorites...This could've worked out if we had even the slightest same taste in names...A literal example of this...my #1 name was David's #25.....that DIFFERENT! Believe it or not though, this naming extravaganza has been narrowed down to 3 very different names...1 of which David is actually kind of fond of which helps, but it's still not my #1. Part of me wants to just say the names were thinking of, but then I might feel obligated to stick with them and since this decision changes on a daily basis I don't think I'll say anything for now. Soooo who knows...there may be a Top 3 Names post in the future...Or even better maybe just a top name that actually gets chosen before baby girl even gets here...but highly unlikely ;). I cannot even begin to describe how excited we all are to meet this new baby and see all of her different unique features that she'll get from each of us. We always joke with each other that she's going to look like a little mini David since Beckahm has turned out to be a total mini me. It's always so exciting to me to see new babies and try to decide which trait came from where. I am always getting questions from random people asking where Beckahm got this or that...mostly his reddish blonde hair since I have mine dyed dark and his dad is clearly all dark so because it has gotten a little old I decided to take some comparison pictures and I can just show these crazies when they ask haha. I'm so glad I did it though it's always fun looking at old pictures and seeing what traits our little boy has of us. Babies. babies. babies..it's all that's on my mind lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment