1 Month Already!!!
1 Month Stats:
7.25 lbs- 33%
22" Long
Harper's first month of life was a little bit of a whirlwind for us all, especially her. She had to go through and experience a lot more than some do in a lifetime. When we found out she was critically ill with GBS Sepsis it definitely threw us for a loop. She is the strongest little girl I know and I could not believe how well she took everything that was going on. I can honestly say I cried more during our hospital stay than she did! I was so proud of her and her strength. Her little character really did start to shine through more and more during that time. No matter what the nurses and doctors were doing to her at the end of the day she was still her sweet and happy self and radiated love non-stop. Oh how I love my little trooper. I'm so grateful that we caught her sickness when we did and that she was able to push through it all. I thank my lucky stars each and every day. Some things that happened at 1 month...
- Newborn clothes almost fit perfectly now and her newborn diapers are starting to get a little snug.
- She's pretty fond of her binky
- She is quite the little sleeper
- She got to experience her very first Christmas and was taught how to open presents by her big brother.
- Loves to snuggle with mama
- So so strong, if she doesn't want to get dressed she doesn't have to...haha..she will stretch her arms and legs out and it is near impossible to bend them without her letting me.
- Experienced her first ambulance ride, IV's, CSF, Picc line, surgery and stitches
- She has started to become a pretty good little eater once we got home from our second hospital stay.
- Totally content doing anything, but loves to be held
- She will sleep through the night as long as I'm holding her..needless to say we have many sleepovers on the couch each and every night. And I'm totally okay with it--she is the best little snuggler!
- Already starting to recognize our voices and will acknowledge it clear across the room.
- Her big brother is already smitten over her and loves to give her hugs and kisses all day long and even tries to share his treats with her..so sweet.
- We go through at least a couple outfits each day sometimes it's necessary, but not all the time ;)
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment