Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beckahm's Baby Blessing

Beckahm's Blessing Day was the perfect end to a perfect weekend for sure. We decided to bless him in David's parents ward in Monroe because we were already staying up in Salina for our Sealing the day before and it made it that much more convenient for most of our family and friends to be able to attend since they all live in Sevier County! We are so grateful for such supportive people in our lives and were so happy to have so many people come and support Beckahm on his big day. This day was July 3rd, 2010, which also happened to be his 2 month birthday mark. I was so nervous all morning thinking that he would cry through the entire blessing because at this age it seemed like it was his favorite thing to do (haha), but luckily he LOVES the church hymns and it quiets him right down. Before the hymn was even finished he was sound asleep and ready to be a little angel child for his dad while he gave his first blessing :). David did such an amazing job and I was so so proud of him for all of the great and thoughtful things he blessed Beckahm with. One thing David said that stood out to me was, "May you be a beacon of light to those around you always," I hope more than anything that Beckahm will be a great example to those around him and always be a leader; that he will be someone that his friends look up to. I know he is now only 4 months old, but I can't help but always think about these kinds of things and hope they turn out the way I imagine they will. Some of the people that were in the circle of the blessing were Gary (David's dad), Grandpa Bishoff (David's Gpa), Uncle Gary, Uncle Mel, Joey and Gator (David's friends), Vernon Roundy (Family friend) and I can't remember the others right now :( , were working on my dad so next time he'll be a member AND priesthood holder and will be able to stand in the circle as well :).  After the blessing we had a luncheon at the Monroe Park with some of our friends and family and played a little football afterwards. Because we took so long at the church we didn't get any pictures of all of us in our church clothes, but I improvised and took some after...a month after to be exact lol so that I will have pictures of Beckahm in his cute little blessing tux!
Such a little stud



Love these cute faces of his!

Sick of the "fake" blessing day pictures

Luncheon @ the park


Beckahm is WAY too enthused in this picture

Love my sissy pants

Hahahaha

Getting trash canned by his big sisters :)

We might be a little weird is all....

Aunt Stephy and Beckahm

Love my little miss Mya
Mya and I at church

Beckahm with Great Grandpa Bishoff

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it there!! I hope to see you soon though :)

    ReplyDelete