Easter was so fun this year. I felt like Beckahm understood a little bit more of what we were celebrating and we all had a really good time! The day before Easter, I took the kids to the Easter egg hunt at the park, even though it was pretty lame Beckahm still had a good time. In St. George, they must not have got the memo that when you call it an Easter Egg hunt, the kids are supposed to hunt for eggs. They just threw candy out on the ground in small marked areas it was so weird. But it was fun to watch Beckahm get so excited about candy just spread on the ground 'for no reason' haha.
 |
| I think he was wondering why people were getting so crazy over a spot to get candy!haha |
When we got home we colored Easter Eggs and frosted Easter cookies. We could've done this all day long. This was Beckahm's first time coloring eggs and he had so much fun! And he's a cookie maniac so that part pretty much made his whole day. I would help him put the frosting on then he would put his candies on them to decorate them. So fun! I also decided to have our own little Easter Egg hunt since the one at the park just didn't suffice :) I hid the eggs in our yard then came in to get B, but he thought I was just taking him away from his Easter Loot, so he wasn't happy about it until after we got out there and he figured out what we were doing. Once he found them all he wanted me to take them out of his basket(s) and hide them again. All in all it was a really good, fun day!
 |
| This of course is his 'look mom!' face :) |
 |
| So proud of his colored eggs! |
 |
| Talking to his funny faced egg, cutest thing! |














Easter Sunday, I put together a little Easter basket for both of the
kids and planned on B coming in and waking me up then we'd go out
together and he could be surprised. But what woke me up that morning was
hearing a "Woah, cool" "hahahaha" "look, look!" It was the cutest thing
ever. Beckahm had woke up and just walked into the living room v.s him
usually walking in our room to get me first--and with that he discovered
their Easter baskets and had them all pulled apart before I even got
out there...and of course candy, EVERYWHERE from dad's basket! I usually try not to give B too much candy because I'm nervous he'll become like his mama and try to eat it for every meal! :) But this day was an exception and I think he was okay with it. It was so funny, he mostly just wanted to open his eggs and empty the candy into a bowl, such a little cutie. Harper had a good time watching B do this and he made sure she wasn't left out by telling her everything he was doing :). B loved showing his sis all of the new things she got for Easter. Oh how I love these two sweet nugs.










We waited
until the day after Easter to roll/throw B's eggs down the hill, he
sure had a good time with that haha! Once all the eggs were gone he got
so sad and just wanted to throw more. Think I found a new favorite
'activity'. I'm sure I sound like a broken record when I talk about how
amazing each new holiday is with these two, but it is. It will never get
old, ever. I'm so happy I get to be their mom and get to teach them
some of the most important things in life. I love Easter and I love the
way it makes me feel. It's such a humbling day and makes me realize all
of the little things I am so grateful for. I can't wait for my kids to
get a little older and be able to teach them a little more about what
Easter is and why it's so important to us!
 |
| We discovered B has quite the 'arm'! |
And this is how I know it was a successful day :) Love these babes way too much to try and put into words. Happy Easter!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment