Wednesday, May 1, 2013

27 Years...but who's counting?

This past weekend we celebrated my 27th Birthday..seriously 27th. That sounds ridiculously old to me and I haven't really come to embrace it yet. I hope to eventually, but for now I'll just talk about how we celebrated my 23rd Birthday this year. I call 23 my golden year. I felt like everything that year was just amazing and I loved every minute of every day, so from now on, we will just celebrate me turning 23, probably for the rest of forever :). I still remember telling my sister when she was REALLY turning 23 to embrace it and take it all in and to live every moment of every day without a regret and to remember to make mental notes of all the memories you will make this year, because it's the best ever! She later told me 23 was not her golden year haha. I guess it's not for everyone ;). But this year we celebrated a couple of times.

On Thursday, my ACTUAL birthday, David and I both had to work so we snuck in a quick lunch at Red Robin right after I got off work and before David had to head to work. It was a good time, and Beckahm ALMOST warmed up to the clapping birthday singers....almost. After that David headed off to work and Beckahm, Harper and I just hung out and played the rest of the day; I honestly wouldn't have rather spent this day any other way.

Friday our favorite person came down to stay with us--sister/Auntie Kristen and we were all looking forward to that! We stayed up Friday night laughing until our faces couldn't handle it anymore. That's always my favorite part of seeing her! Then Saturday we woke up and just hung out and enjoyed her company. Later on that day we all headed off to Fiesta Fun and scored Beckahm some pretty awesome prizes. He has an obsession with any and every ball out there and we were able to get him every single one they had to offer there so that was the highlight of our night! We went and ate at Bucca di Beppo afterwards and had us some pretty legit Italian food. After eating we headed home and of course let B stay up with his auntie until about 11 o'clock before we finally had to put him to bed because we were all so tired. And of course it was spring forward daylight savings so we lost an hour. Needless to say the night went by too quick!

We had such a good time and I'm so grateful I have such a wonderful sister that I'm able to spend so much time with even though we live so far away from each other. I don't know what I'll do without her in these next couple of months when we move to a different state :(. But for now I'll keep enjoying every minute we get to have with her...and of course document with the millions of pictures we attempt to take each time we see each other!




 I have so many pictures of all of the fun we had, but cannot, for the life of me, get them to turn the right way. So I'll have to figure that out and get them up eventually. I love this last picture. B hit the jackpot!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment