Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today you are YOU that's truer than true, there is no one alive who is youer than YOU!!!

Our little B is 1!

It has been an ENTIRE year since this precious little life dropped in and turned my world upside down. He has given meaning to everything I do and why I do it. I think he is teaching me just as much, if not more, than I'm teaching him. He has changed me as a person. He has made me a better person. He has made me a morning person; I never thought that could be possible. He loves me no matter what and I adore every second I have with this little guy. I love nothing more than to sit and throw footballs back and forth for hours and share mac 'n' cheese while watching Chuggington when we're spent :). I was always so nervous at first and worried about how things would be. I was always told that everything changes, relationships change, roles change etc. etc. It was all pretty scary along with accepting the fact that a real live human being was growing in my body. It sounds so funny when I read that, but it was true. Even up to that moment when the doctor and nurses were saying it's time to push....I just froze. I didn't know if I was really ready, I was scared I needed more time, I had no idea what I was doing, I was scared for this little baby. But when I held him that first time as cliche' as it may sound, all of those thoughts became just that, past thoughts. I feel like I finally became the person I was meant to be. And this little boy brought it out of me. Not saying that everything was a cake walk...oh man, it was so so not. But we learned along the way and loved just as much! Those first six months were ridiculously hard. Hard on everything. I had never just sat at home before. I had never just not went to work every day for most of the day. I had never looked forward to a couple hours of sleep so much in my life. I had never appreciated that quiet five minutes alone with my husband, or those few minutes B would be content without me having to do thousands of leg squats to get him that way. Some people call it colic, but I didn't really believe that's what it was. I think everything was just new to him and he wasn't completely comfortable in all of these new situations he was being put in. It did scare me. I felt like I needed to be doing something more to make him feel more at ease. We worked our butts off this first six months. And I know it was worth every second. He was just whipping us into shape I think, because he knew how easy he was going to make it on us soon enough :). He has grown into such a fun and happy little boy. This kid, by far, has the cutest little personality I have ever seen in my entire life! He is constantly trying to smile and talk to any and everyone he sees. I can leave him with anyone and he does nothing but entertain the whole time. I know he is ours for a reason. He came into my life when I needed him most. He has made me a more grateful person. A more happy person. And I just know he is going to make the best big brother anyone could ask for.  

On Thursday, May 3rd Beckahm turned one year old. We had such a fun day being able to hang out with dad all day long. That afternoon we attempted going to the Lorax...it lasted for about 45 minutes, then when David pulled the popcorn out and Beckahm couldn't have any it was all downhill from there. I couldn't help but laugh. It was his day and he wasn't getting whatever he wanted, that's not how it's supposed to work! That night after a much needed nap, we met up with Uncle Dil and Keilani and had a birthday dinner at Wingers with  yummy concrete pie that B was so nice to share with me :). 


Sunday, May 6th we invited all of our families down to celebrate this big day with us! We had a Dr. Seuss themed party at the park and had so much fun! It was so great getting to see everyone and of course to celebrate the best year of our lives :). We had Ham & Turkey sandwiches (Green eggs & Ham (or turkey)), Pasta Salad (Oodles of Noodles), Potato Salad (Yot in a Pot), Chips (Skipper Zips Chips), Goldfish(one fish, two fish) Oreo truffle balls (Biggle Balls) Homemade Oreo cookies (Who Cakes) Cupcakes (Thing1 & Thing2 Cupcakes) Chocolate Covered Marshmallows, Pepsi (Red and Blue theme, not just for the mama :), and Blue Koolaid. I made little sayings and sat out Dr. Seuss books for the table pieces, and of course the sign-in book Happy Birthday To You, by Dr. Seuss that we had everyone sign and leave a little birthday message for Beckahm. At the end we gave out little Thank You photo packs that had a little secret announcement in them that we allowed B to share after we got to celebrate him and just him that day! We sent everyone home with the secret Beckahm had kept so well :). We will be welcoming a new little brother or sister to his little world in December and are all pretty excited about it. It was fun sharing the news with all of our families. Thanks to Aunt Kristen for keeping our secret with us so it could be a surprise when we told everyone else. After we all ate we got B set up to dig into his cake...it didn't really go quite as planned. Instead of eating the cake, after dad pushed his hand into the cake he began to fling it off to the side and rubbed his hands together to try to get it all off. It was the funniest thing, I'm so happy we have it all recorded. I just sit and watch it and crack up. He maybe had two tastes of the cake, but the rest of the time he just tried really hard to clean it up and get it off of him haha. Meanwhile, Uncle Dan is pointing to one of the table signs I had made that read, "Why fit in, when you were born to stand out?" :) I loved it. We got a good laugh out of that! We had a good time opening presents (thank goodness for cousin Mya and her willingness to help), otherwise we would've been there all day! I hope that Beckahm enjoyed his day, I know it will be one I will never forget. Here's to another wonderful year with my little firecracker!
On our way to B's birthday movie, The Lorax...aaaand first time sitting in his big boy car seat!

Playing with the Trufula trees at the movie theater


Birthday Party Set up



The Sign In Book
 
B and Uncle Jade







Grandpa & Aunt Kristen
Uncle Dev and Grandpa Great
Add caption
Our Birthday Boy!




























I have had this post done for forever and have not been able to find my camera card to upload pictures, so I finally decided I would use some off of my phone and upload the rest later so I can stop using that as an excuse and neglecting my blog :) Birthday Pic post to come...

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You are so creative!! He will love that book so much. That was such a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete